September 11, 2010

September the eleventh

New experiences: I knew today was going to be the worst day ever, I had my first drink of strawberry lemonade, I learned more about labor laws.


I don't want to blog. Today sucked. That meeting was latently homoerotic. They told everyone that they need more people to work Sundays and that we just can't have them "blocked out". I filled out an availability sheet every day was open except Sunday. So when we got to the questions, comments and concerns part I said I have an issue with the working on Sunday... Then they head hancho told me to talk to the managers later. Which I did. I told them I don't buy gas on Sunday or milk, eggs, or bread and that I don't work on Sundays. They pretty much told me that they were going to rotate the sunday schedule to make it fair. They made is sound as if I had no choice then they told me the choice was mine?? I don't know if they meant not to work on sunday or to work on sundays or to not work on sundays and find another job?? I don't know what choice they were speaking of but apparently telling them you will work if someone is ill or their child is sick or their parent is dying isn't good enough. The part that confuses me is that the federal labor law says that discrimination includes an employer who fails to reasonably accommodate an employees religious practices unless it imposes undue hardship. But Arizona is a Right to work state. So pretty much they can fire you without any real reasoning. All this on top of a stupid meeting and having to work all day.  CHERRY ON TOP.

I still don't want to blog.

1 comment: