April 26, 2010

Is it bad that I can't stop bloggging?



I don't know why, but I was thinking about this poem today.


One of my wishes is that those dark trees,
So old and firm they scarcely show the breeze,
Were not, as ’twere, the merest mask of gloom,
But stretched away unto the edge of doom.

I should not be withheld but that some day
Into their vastness I should steal away,
Fearless of ever finding open land,
Or highway where the slow wheel pours the sand.

I do not see why I should e’er turn back,
Or those should not set forth upon my track 10
To overtake me, who should miss me here
And long to know if still I held them dear.

They would not find me changed from him they knew—
Only more sure of all I thought was true.
R.F.



So, I have kind of began my United States history book reading thing. I thought it would be fitting to start off with the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence book that I ranted about for a while. Its a very quick read. It's very powerful and moving and I believe that every American should read these documents and know their rights and their history. My next book is Alexis de Tocqueville 'Democracy in America'. So far it is very interesting to read an outsiders point of view. He talks about how democracy lead up to America and the reasons why America formed a democracy rather than any other form of government. Its pretty long and I am at a semi-boring part so it might take me a little bit to read.



Alright, I should probably be doing something more productive than blogging. I think I shall wash my car. I bought some new wax stuff that will make it really nice and shine. I think I need some new tires as well and I want to make them a little bigger than the stock tires cause right now the tires look too small for the car and it looks ugly to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment