March 6, 2011

Long Happy Thoughts

This is a blog of just things that I like and things that make me happy. Things that have influenced my life. It will help you all learn a little more about me.

"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
-Ayn Rand


That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
-Abraham Lincoln

Whatever you are, be a good one.
-Abraham Lincoln

The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks
-Tennessee Williams


"When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky/
-Buddha

The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings…
As the shadow follows the body,
As we think, so we become.
-Buddha

I can always remember Rodin's The Thinker: there was a boy named Rotter at my high school and we just thought of him sitting and thinking when we had to answer the quiz questions.

In first grade we learned about Vincent Van Gogh, and we were to make our own renditions using oil pastels. My dad was there and we drew a picture with a swirly blue sky and two houses. One house was mine and the other was my brothers. It placed and they hung it up in the mall.

This is my favorite. 

To see your world in a grain of sand;
and heaven in a wild flower.
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour.
-William Blake


Did I ever tell you that I love Mutts comics... Now you know why.

Truth. Beauty. Freedom. &Love.


I always wanted to be on supermarket sweep. <3

I heart Morgan Freeman & I hope one day he will narrate the story of my life.
He is my hero.

<333 Need I say more?


Outdoors is where the great mystery lies,
so going into nature should be a searching
and humbling experience,
like going to church.
-Skip Whitcomb

Thats the end for now.


1 comment: