December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

"Thanksgiving is a typically American holiday...The lavish meal is a symbol of the fact that abundant consumption is the result and reward of production." -Ayn Rand

I was thinking about this quote all this week....


Pre-Thanksgiving

I think the most important thing to remember
...is that I do not eat meat.
The next that is important to remember
...is that i made turkey for thanksgiving.
That involves pulling turkey necks out of random cavities... and taking out hearts and livers


Franklin owed me big time
:))

Thanksgiving is about giving right?
I am lucky I got this picture because that plate lasted two seconds



We had a small thanksgiving just the three of us.
It was great.
We had tons of leftovers.



Thanksgiving Part Deux (actually)


It started off with softball with the McDowells
I think they only invited me as their secret weapon....
But it was fun none the less.

Then we went to Franklin's Parents house to have some more Thanksgiving fun.

Joni's Thanksgiving was definitely a more experienced Thanksgiving dinner...
Even the plates were fall themed.




THE SADEST THING THIS THANKSGIVING IS THAT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PIE, SPECIFICALLY PUMPKIN PIE... AND I STILL HAVEN'T (BLASPHEMY). 


2 comments:

  1. Your Turkey definitely was more beautiful than mine. And even more impressive considering
    1. This is the first Turkey you ever made and
    2. You don't eat Meat!
    Sad you only took a picture of the food table, the table we sat down to eat at, was much more beautiful!!
    Sorry there was no pumkin pie. I tried, it just didn't happen. Actually, there was pumpkin pie, you and Franklin had left by that time though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - we invited you because we knew you would play and have a good time. The fact that you are AMAZING and totally rocked was just a bonus. We were so glad you came, it was awesome. We were bummed we didn't get to see you some more that day. Can't wait to see your tree lit up!

    ReplyDelete