May 24, 2010

Cheers to finding free wifi!!!

Franklin and I have been driving around from Casa Grande to Queen Creek installing sun screens on peoples homes and I have been 2 for 2 on finding free wifi in random neighborhoods. We took a small detour and stopped off at the Casa Grande ruins. It was built by the Hohokam people. It was pretty fun there were a lot of these cute little squirrel things running around. I attempted to befriend one and take it home with me... but Franklin said no. Driving around out here is very pretty and peaceful. The land is so lush and there actually is land down here, and there are purple mountains in the distance and big clear blue skies! Its funny for me to think about ancient native tribes, which I do quite often oddly enough. I think about what it would be like to live in a time with no television, no cars, no readily available food. I think its amazing the things they could achieve with just rocks and stones and we have come a long, long way! I also think sometimes how we look back on what we have learned about these natives and think about their customs as weird or strange... then I look at our culture and wonder if anyone will look back at our culture and think it is strange that we whiten our teeth or dye our hear red and pink and black and yellow. Often times I think no one will ever be in confusion about our civilization. I feel like there is way too much global information,  so many books and the internet. Unless there was a mass collapse in civilization, or we moved to a different planet then maybe people would have to rediscover everything we know now. Just some thoughts....

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahhaah when you think of natives, i hope you think of me, in a loin cloth, but still with good teeth.

    ReplyDelete